Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sheesh . . . We’ve Been Busy (Part 1)

April 27th we welcomed our sweet Inge Elise into our home and our family—all 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 22 inches of her. It’s been a whirlwind ever since . . .

20100427_14-56-27_01

Birthing a baby at home may not be for everyone but it’s the perfect choice for me. There is no place that I feel more comfortable and I absolutely loved having our brood present as we welcomed the newest little chickadee into our family. Remembering the awe, excitement, and love on the faces of her siblings as they admired their new baby sister, fresh from heaven, is most precious to me.

20100427_14-54-43

Now, six months later . . . it feels like yesterday and forever ago, all at once. So many times I have wished that I could just stop time or at least slow things down. Life is flying by and before I know it (or am ready for it) Inge will not be a baby anymore . . . I’m not quite sure how I am going to handle that. She’s such a sweet , cuddly little baby. The love is indescribable, and that’s not just because my brain is still in somewhat of a postpartum fog.

20101030_14-27-0820101030_14-27-59

2 comments:

Our Family said...

Oh Janet,
She is soooo adorable! Love her big eyes and her beautiful smile!!! I bet you are just having so much fun with your family!!! I too wish we were neighbors. Congrats again!!! :)
Smiles,
Jeri

Anonymous said...

Baby Inge is beautiful! Isn't it something how each granddaughter has their very own look and I do see mommy in her! Her eyes may be blue but they are big and round like moms! I believe she got that big pretty smile from her mommy too! How very precious she is Janet.