Thursday, April 16, 2009

Harvest Time

0665

It was recently ‘Harvest Time’ at our house—time to finally harvest the hair I’ve been farming over the last year so that I could donate it to Locks of Love. This is the fourth time I’ve been able to donate my hair and it’s always a fun and rewarding endeavor. As I’m growing my hair out it inevitably gets to a point where it looks really bad, drives me crazy, and I am so tempted to cut it. Then I try and remember that if I just hold on a little longer I will have enough length to donate. My hair grows fast, it’s the least I can do, right? So when you see my long, heavy hair looking less than it’s best, likely in a ponytail day after day, just know it’s for a good cause. :) That’s my story anyway, and I’m sticking to it!

Our dear Freja has been begging to donate her hair for a year or so now and I finally relented. I felt quite hesitant to say good-bye to her long blonde locks but Eric properly chastened me for not supporting her in her charitable desires and so I agreed. Her hair does NOT grow fast, all the more special that she wanted to give it away I suppose.

This was a memorable mother-daughter bonding experience and we are both thrilled with our lightened do’s. Thanks Shyanne!

0677 0678

0680

I love the very excited and pleased look on Freja’s face.

0714 0753 0764 0746 0771

3 comments:

Susie said...

Very memorable time for you both to remember and do together. I love all the fun pictures, and the braids from both of your hair. You both will be blessed for doing this service.

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

We love your short hair Janet and Freja. So so cute! What a neat thing you do to donate your hair to Locks of Love. You guys are the best!

Donna Ryan said...

Oh, how cute. How lovely to have that straight hair. I could never cut my hair like that. I'd have "triangle head!" What a fun thing to do. You both look adorable. When was this?